Central Senior High School
Central Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Central Senior High School's student population of 1,364 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,364 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7427 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||BEAUMONT ISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lewisville Premier H S American Youthworks Grades: 9-12 | 102 students
1901 E Ben White Blvd
Lewisville, TX 75029
(409)835-4303 0.2 9-12 102
- Beaumont O C Taylor Center Grades: 9-12
2330 N St
Beaumont, TX 77702
(409)617-5740 0.5 9-12 n/a
- Beaumont Ehrhart School Grades: PK-8 | 357 students
3380 Fannin St
Beaumont, TX 77726
(409)839-8200 0.7 PK-8 357
- Beaumont Fehl-price Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 707 students
3350 Blanchette St
Beaumont, TX 77701
(409)617-6400 1.2 PK-5 707
- Beaumont Harmony Science Academy- Beaumont Grades: K-12 | 538 students
4055 Calder Ave
Beaumont, TX 77706
(409)838-4000 1.2 K-12 538
I loved going to Central because it allowed me to come out of my shell and join great organizations, however it is not preparing it's students for college. I graduated in honors and took Pre-AP and AP all four years and when I got to college I felt stupid as if I didn't learn anything. Also I attended a different school in Plano for a week during hurricane Rita and took the same classes that I took at Central and felt like they were speaking a totally different language. I still feel cheated. So if you want your child to be prepared I advise you send them to a different school because the curriculum is very watered down even in honor classes.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lucky
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.