Champ Cooper Elementary School
- Champ Cooper Elementary School's student population of 672 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||672 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Champ Cooper Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#522 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Hammond Eastside Magnet Grades: PK-8 | 1,226 student
45050 River Road
Hammond, LA 70401
(985) 345-8494 3.3 PK-8 1,226
- Hammond Hammond High Magnet School Grades: 8-12 | 1,434 student
45168 River Road
Hammond, LA 70401
(985) 345-7235 3.4 8-12 1,434
- Ponchatoula Ponchatoula High School Grades: 8-12 | 1,794 student
19452 Highway 22 East
Ponchatoula, LA 70454
(985) 386-3514 5.0 8-12 1,794
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.