Champ Cooper Elementary School
Champ Cooper Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Champ Cooper Elementary School's student population of 633 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||633 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Champ Cooper Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#534 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Hammond Eastside Magnet Grades: PK-8 | 1181 students
45050 River Road
Hammond, LA 70401
(985)345-8494 3.3 PK-8 1181
- Hammond Hammond High Magnet School Grades: 8-12 | 1453 students
45168 River Road
Hammond, LA 70401
(985)345-7235 3.4 8-12 1453
- Ponchatoula Ponchatoula High School Grades: 8-12 | 1802 students
19452 Highway 22 East
Ponchatoula, LA 70454
(985)386-3514 5.0 8-12 1802
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.