Children's Charter School
Top Placements (Louisiana)
Children's Charter School is Listed among the top public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Children's Charter School's student population of 216 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 37% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Children's Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Children's Charter School is East Baton Rouge Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- East Baton Rouge Parish School District's student population of 46,333 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,089 in this district is less than the state average of $24,719. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,165 is less than the state average of $22,732. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||46,333||1,095|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$563 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$566 MM||$25 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,089||$24,719|
|District Spending / Student||$13,165||$22,732|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge J. K. Haynes Charter Inc. Grades: PK-8 | 450 students
8600 Elm Grove Garden Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
(225)774-1311 0.6 PK-8 450
- Baton Rouge Mentorship Steam Academy Grades: 9-12 | 493 students
339 Florida Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225)505-5013 0.6 9-12 493
- Baton Rouge Thrive Baton Rouge Grades: 6-12 | 110 students
1120 Government Street-bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)239-7820 0.6 6-12 110
- Baton Rouge The Dufrocq School Grades: PK-5 | 667 students
330 South 19th St
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)343-6323 0.7 PK-5 667
- Baton Rouge B. R. Foreign Language Acad. Immersion Magnet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 297 students
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)343-6630 0.8 PK-5 297
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.