Children's Charter School
- Children's Charter School's student population of 216 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Children's Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge J. K. Haynes Charter Inc. Grades: PK-8 | 450 students
8600 Elm Grove Garden Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
(225)774-1311 0.6 PK-8 450
- Baton Rouge Mentorship Steam Academy Grades: 9-12 | 493 students
339 Florida Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225)505-5013 0.6 9-12 493
- Baton Rouge Thrive Baton Rouge Grades: 6-12 | 110 students
1120 Government Street-bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)239-7820 0.6 6-12 110
- Baton Rouge The Dufrocq School Grades: PK-5 | 667 students
330 South 19th St
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)343-6323 0.7 PK-5 667
- Baton Rouge B. R. Foreign Language Acad. Immersion Magnet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 297 students
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)343-6630 0.8 PK-5 297
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.