Children's Charter School
- Children's Charter School's student population of 216 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Children's Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge J. K. Haynes Charter Inc. Grades: PK-8 | 450 students
8600 Elm Grove Garden Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
(225)774-1311 0.6 PK-8 450
- Baton Rouge Mentorship Steam Academy Grades: 9-12 | 493 students
339 Florida Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225)505-5013 0.6 9-12 493
- Baton Rouge Thrive Baton Rouge Grades: 6-12 | 110 students
1120 Government Street-bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)239-7820 0.6 6-12 110
- Baton Rouge The Dufrocq School Grades: PK-5 | 667 students
330 South 19th St
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)343-6323 0.7 PK-5 667
- Baton Rouge B. R. Foreign Language Acad. Immersion Magnet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 297 students
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)343-6630 0.8 PK-5 297
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.