Chipeta Elementary School
Chipeta Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Chipeta Elementary School's student population of 445 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||445 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chipeta Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1144 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesa County Valley No. 51 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Junction East Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 477 students
830 Gunnison Ave
Grand Junction, CO 81501
(970)254-5020 0.1 6-8 477
- Grand Junction Grand River Academy Grades: K-12 | 259 students
600 N 14th St
Grand Junction, CO 81507
(970)254-5343 0.4 K-12 259
- Grand Junction Independence Academy Grades: K-8 | 408 students
651 29 Rd
Grand Junction, CO 81501
(970)254-6850 0.4 K-8 408
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.