City Terrace Elementary School
- City Terrace Elementary School's student population of 452 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||452 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- City Terrace Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4047 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alliance Marc & Eva Stern Math And Science Grades: 9-12 | 581 students
5151 State Univ Dr. Lot 2
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323) 987-2144 0.3 9-12 581
- Los Angeles L.a. County High School For The Arts Grades: 9-12 | 550 students
5151 State Univ Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90032
(323) 343-2550 0.3 9-12 550
- Los Angeles Robert F. Kennedy Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 298 students
4010 E. Ramboz Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 263-9627 0.4 K-6 298
- Monterey Park East Los Angeles County Community Grades: 7-12
1260 S. Monterey Pass Rd.
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(323) 262-2263 0.9 7-12 n/a
- Monterey Park Monterey Highlands Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 986 students
400 Casuda Canyon Dr.
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 570-6220 0.9 K-8 986
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.