L.a. County High School For The Arts
L.a. County High School For The Arts places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- L.a. County High School For The Arts's student population of 550 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||550 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers (17-18)||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- L.a. County High School For The Arts is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1936 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio (17-18)||10:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles County Office Of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alliance Marc & Eva Stern Math And Science Grades: 9-12 | 581 students
5151 State Univ Dr. Lot 2
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323) 987-2144 0.0 9-12 581
- Los Angeles City Terrace Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 452 students
4350 City Terrace Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 269-0581 0.3 K-5 452
- Los Angeles Robert F. Kennedy Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 298 students
4010 E. Ramboz Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 263-9627 0.7 K-6 298
- Monterey Park Monterey Highlands Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 986 students
400 Casuda Canyon Dr.
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 570-6220 1.0 K-8 986
- Los Angeles Woodrow Wilson Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,488 student
4500 Multnomah St.
Los Angeles, CA 90032
(323) 276-1600 1.0 9-12 1,488
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.