Clara Barton Elementary School
Clara Barton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Clara Barton Elementary School's student population of 230 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2007)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clara Barton Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,814 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#464 out of 2814 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Mifflin Area SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Mifflin Early Childhood Education Center Grades: PK-K | 149 students
515 Camp Hollow Rd
West Mifflin, PA 15122
(412)466-9131 0.4 PK-K 149
- West Mifflin West Mifflin Area Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 1007 students
81 Commonwealth Ave
West Mifflin, PA 15122
(412)466-9131 0.4 4-8 1007
- Glassport Glassport Central Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 434 students
219 Ohio Ave
Glassport, PA 15045
(412)675-3070 1.7 4-6 434
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Mifflin K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 308 students
1290 Mifflin Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15207
(412)529-4350 1.9 PK-8 308
- Pittsburgh Pleasant Hills Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 674 students
404 National Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
(412)655-8680 1.9 6-8 674
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.