Clara Barton Elementary School
Clara Barton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
Clara Barton Elementary School's student population of 230 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2007)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Clara Barton Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,820 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Clara Barton Elementary School is 0.43, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.53. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#158 out of 2820 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Mifflin Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Clara Barton Elementary School is Steel Center For Career And Technical Ed (2.9 miles away)
The nearest middle school and elementary school is West Mifflin Area Middle School (0.4 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- West Mifflin West Mifflin Area Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 1,003 student
81 Commonwealth Ave
West Mifflin, PA 15122
(412) 466-9131 0.4 4-8 1,003
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Mifflin K-8 Grades: PK-8 | 310 students
1290 Mifflin Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15207
(412) 529-4350 1.9 PK-8 310
- Pittsburgh Pleasant Hills Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 690 students
404 National Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
(412) 655-8680 1.9 6-8 690
- Mckeesport South Allegheny Elementary School Grades: 2-6 | 585 students
1707 Washington Boulevard
Mckeesport, PA 15133
(412) 675-3070 2.2 2-6 585
While students are enjoying time off this summer, school district officials across the country are grappling with the issues associated with Common Core Standards, as well as plenty of opposition from parents and teachers.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?