Clayton High School
Clayton High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Clayton High School's student population of 870 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||870 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clayton High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 2,073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clayton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Juvenile Detention Center Grades: K-12 | 56 students
501 S Brentwood Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)615-2974 0.3 K-12 56
- Saint Louis Meramec Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 363 students
400 S Meramec Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)854-6300 0.4 K-5 363
- Saint Louis Family Center Grades: PK | 80 students
301 N Gay Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)854-6900 0.6 PK 80
- Saint Louis Reed Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 421 students
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)991-1456 1.1 K-4 421
- Saint Louis Flynn Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 324 students
7220 Waterman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63130
(314)290-4421 1.2 K-5 324
Clayton High School (Go Greyhounds!) provides a quality environment for students in the formative years of their lives (adolescent through young adult). Education programs include traditional subjects (English, Science, Social Studies, Math) and a distinct advantage for college preparation as the school also has a top flight foreign language program and advanced courses in many areas including foreign language, music, theater and industrial arts. Athletics is an area that is well supported by students and faculty as an opportunity for young minds to learn and participate as they learn the values of team work, honesty and dedication. The level of involvement in all areas (academic and extracurricular) is supported by the triad of successful education (students, teachers and parents/the home) allows graduating Seniors a distinct advantage over many other schools because of the level of involvement and continual success of their alumni (CEO's of major corporations, medical professionals, lawyers and military leaders). Even though the facilities in every department are top flight, the difference between an education at Clayton and other public schools is the teachers and staff; they care about the students. As an alumni of this school I had a distinct advantage over my peers in the military because of the curriculum and the way that the district prepared me both academically and as a person for the challenges I would face 30 years after graduation.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - klfuj
CHS is the best public school in the St. Louis area (that's not biased, I swear). There is a surfeit of extracurricular activities, and in addition to the traditional band, one can take piano or guitar. Every student is encouraged to participate in a sport, although it is not manditory. We score extremely high every year on standardized tests, and frequently win in the top ten at academic competitions. We have one of the best football teams in the county. (Go Greyhounds!) CHS also features a mix of ethnic groups (unlike Ladue).
- Posted by Student/Alumni - moons
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.