Coleman Elementary School
Coleman Elementary School serves 401 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Coleman Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is approximately equal to the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
Coleman Elementary School's student population of 401 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Coleman Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Coleman Elementary School is 0.61, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#2617 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Coleman Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.