College Oaks Elementary School
- College Oaks Elementary School's student population of 323 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- College Oaks Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#989 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calcasieu Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Charles T. S. Cooley Elementary Magnet School Grades: K-5 | 308 students
2711 Common Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
(337)217-4680 1.0 K-5 308
- Lake Charles Barbe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 298 students
400 Penn Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
(337)217-4660 1.1 PK-5 298
- Lake Charles Lagrange High School Grades: 8-12 | 1104 students
3420 Louisiana Ave
Lake Charles, LA 70605
(337)217-4960 1.1 8-12 1104
- Lake Charles Brentwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 327 students
3825 Brentwood Avenue
Lake Charles, LA 70607
(337)217-4610 1.4 PK-5 327
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.