Oak Park Middle School
- Oak Park Middle School's student population of 451 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Park Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1109 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calcasieu Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Charles Oak Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 443 students
2001 18th Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
(337)217-4850 0.3 PK-5 443
- Lake Charles T. H. Watkins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 290 students
2501 Seventh Avenue
Lake Charles, LA 70601
(337)217-4590 0.4 PK-5 290
- Lake Charles John F. Kennedy Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 159 students
2001 Russell Street
Lake Charles, LA 70615
(337)217-4760 1.0 PK-5 159
- Lake Charles Lagrange High School Grades: 8-12 | 1104 students
3420 Louisiana Ave
Lake Charles, LA 70605
(337)217-4960 1.1 8-12 1104
- Lake Charles Lake Charles Charter Academy Grades: K-8 | 857 students
3160 Power Center Parkway
Lake Charles, LA 70607
(337)475-7900 1.1 K-8 857
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.