College Wood Elementary School
College Wood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- College Wood Elementary School's student population of 728 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- College Wood Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,767 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carmel Clay s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Creekside Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1340 students
3525 W 126th St
Carmel, IN 46032
(317)733-6420 0.3 6-8 1340
- Carmel West Clay Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 732 students
3495 W 126 St
Carmel, IN 46032
(317)733-6500 0.4 K-5 732
- Carmel Towne Meadow Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 662 students
10850 Towne Rd
Carmel, IN 46032
(317)733-2645 1.6 K-5 662
- Zionsville Eagle Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 422 students
350 N 6th St
Zionsville, IN 46077
(317)873-1234 2.6 PK-4 422
This has been the best school my child has been to! The teachers are super nice and friendly, and they take it one step at a time to make sure that your child understands the concept that they are learning. The teachers also provide excellent opportunities for children with disabilities. The teacher assigns about 30 minutes to one hour of homework. It's my child's favorite school in the history of the schools she's ever been to.
- Posted by Parent - Lee
Our experience with College Wood has not been good. Because the classes are overcrowded, the teachers push the education home to parents by assigning tons of homework. Our 4th grader often has two hours of homework per day, which is totally unacceptable. A number of parnets who live in our neighborhood are considering moving to get away from this school because of the amount of homework assigned. If you can avoid this school I recommend that you do so.
- Posted by Parent - andyg
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.