Dolores School District No. Re-4a School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 top public schools in Dolores School District No. Re-4a School District, serving 733 students.
- Public school in Dolores School District No. Re-4a School District have an average math proficiency score of 16% (versus Colorado public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 19% (versus 42% Colorado statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Colorado.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Dolores High School, with ≤20% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Colorado or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Dolores Elementary School, with 20-24% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Colorado or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Colorado public school average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Colorado public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Dolores School District No. Re-4a School District|
|School District Website||http://www.doloresschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(970)882-7255|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CO)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,908 Schools|
|# of Students||733 Students||906,546 Students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teachers||51,658 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
- Dolores School District No. Re-4a School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 178 school districts in Colorado (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||33 Students||6,513 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||28,347 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||119 Students||304,396 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||41,626 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||557 Students||487,030 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||2,224 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 Students||36,398 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||64||32,499|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||44||64,043|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||62||65,427|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||61||67,536|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||60||69,265|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||59||69,522|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||61||68,886|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||52||67,927|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50||67,840|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||55||67,959|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||51||68,566|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||45||66,516|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||42||64,354|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||27||66,206|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,955 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,657. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,912 is less than the state average of $12,191. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CO)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,955||$12,657|
|Spending / Student||$7,912||$12,191|
Dolores School District No. Re-4a School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | CO School Rank)
- Dolores Dolores Elementary School 12th And Hillside
Dolores, CO 81323
Grades: K-6 | 399 students
- Dolores Dolores High School 1301 Central Avenue
Dolores, CO 81323
Grades: 9-12 | 165 students
- Dolores Dolores Middle School 1301 Central Avenue
Dolores, CO 81323
Grades: 7-8 | 105 students
- Dolores Teddy Bear Preschool1550 Hillside Avenue
Dolores, CO 81323
Grades: PK | 64 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.