Columbia Virtual Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Online School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 1,149 students
- State Accredited: No
- Live Instruction: No
- Rolling Enrollment: No
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 40:1
- Minority Enrollment: 35%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in WA
- Math Proficiency: 30-39% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-79% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30-39% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 50% WA state average), while 70-79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 61% WA state average).
How many students attend Columbia Virtual Academy?
1,149 students attend Columbia Virtual Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
65% of Columbia Virtual Academy students are White, 13% of students are Hispanic, 12% of students are Two or more races, 6% of students are Asian, 2% of students are Black, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Columbia Virtual Academy?
Columbia Virtual Academy has a student ration of 40:1, which is higher than the Washington state average of 16:1.
What grades does Columbia Virtual Academy offer ?
Columbia Virtual Academy offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Columbia Virtual Academy part of?
Columbia Virtual Academy is part of Valley School District.
Review Columbia Virtual Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities