Columbus Scioto 6-12
Columbus Scioto 6-12 places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Columbus Scioto 6-12's student population of 127 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Columbus Scioto 6-12 is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Columbus City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Imagine Integrity Academy Grades: K-5 | 81 students
1565 Integrity Dr E
Columbus, OH 43209
(614)464-1500 0.7 K-5 81
- Columbus Moler Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 481 students
1201 Moler Rd
Columbus, OH 43207
(614)365-5529 0.9 PK-6 481
- Columbus Berwick Alternative K-8 School Grades: PK-8 | 739 students
2655 Scottwood Rd
Columbus, OH 43209
(614)365-6140 1.2 PK-8 739
- Columbus Cruiser Academy Grades: 9-12 | 170 students
2751 Winchester Pike
Columbus, OH 43232
(614)237-8756 1.2 9-12 170
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.