Colwyn Elementary School
- The student population of 180 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-6|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 15:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.04 is less than the state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- William Penn School District's student population of 5,101 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $16,777 is higher than the state average of $12,967. The district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $15,841 is higher than the state average of $12,300. The district spending/student has grown by 6% over four years.
|School District Name||William Penn School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||5,101||1,497|
|District Total Revenue||$85 MM||$21 MM|
|District Spending||$81 MM||$20 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$16,777||$12,967|
|District Spending / Student||$15,841||$12,300|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhiladelphiaPenrose SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 619 students
2515 S 78th St
Philadelphia, PA 19153
- PhiladelphiaMotivation High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 292 students
5900 Baltimore Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19143
- PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia Montessori Charter SchoolGrades: PK-6 | 183 students
2227 Island Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19142
- DarbyPenn Wood Middle SchoolGrades: 7-8 | 762 students
121 Summit St
Darby, PA 19023
- DarbyWalnut Street Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-6 | 509 students
224 South Sixth Street
Darby, PA 19023
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.