Comstock Elementary School
Comstock Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Comstock Elementary School's student population of 475 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Comstock Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1888 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Maya Angelou Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 739 students
1850 Nw 32nd St
Miami, FL 33142
(305) 636-3480 0.4 PK-5 739
- Miami Miami Jackson Senior Adult Ed Center
1751 Nw 36th St
Miami, FL 33142
(305) 634-2621 0.7 n/a n/a
- Miami Early Beginnings Academy Grades: PK-2 | 124 students
1411 Nw 14th Ave
Miami, FL 33125
(305) 325-1080 0.9 PK-2 124
- Miami Santa Clara Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 600 students
1051 Nw 29th Ter
Miami, FL 33127
(305) 635-1417 0.9 PK-5 600
This school was a very good school when we had principal Perez running the school. Parent involvement with staff was better. Lunches now are not the best and cold and small portions most of time .I went to school and needed to speak to the principal about my concerns on one of the 5 grandchildren and daughter that I have in this school. and I felt like they did not want to be bothered with me. I am not to happy with this school since Mr. Perez the principal that made this school B school.
- Posted by Parent - irmam
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.