Miami Jackson Senior High School
Top Placements (Florida)
Miami Jackson Senior High School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Miami Jackson Senior High School's student population of 1581 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 80 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,581 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Miami Jackson Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Miami Jackson Senior High School is Dade School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dade School District's student population of 357,931 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,356 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||357,931||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$3,443 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$3,669 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,356||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Miami Jackson Senior Adult Ed Center Grades: AE
1751 Nw 36th St
Miami, FL 33142
(305)634-2621 0.0 AE n/a
- Miami Maya Angelou Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 759 students
1850 Nw 32nd St
Miami, FL 33142
(305)636-3480 0.3 PK-5 759
- Miami Kelsey L. Pharr Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 320 students
2000 Nw 46th St
Miami, FL 33142
(305)633-0429 0.6 PK-5 320
This is a great school with great facilities and programs, particularly in sports & music. I'm glad with the new principal and staff because the discipline of the students is improved in a noteworthy way.
- Posted by Parent - obed