Corning High School
- Corning High School's student population of 197 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Corning High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#800 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Corning Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corning Corning Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 248 students
1012 10th St
Corning, IA 50841
(641)322-4020 0.4 PK-5 248
- Lenox Lenox Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 300 students
600 S. Locust St.
Lenox, IA 50851
(641)333-2244 12.4 PK-6 300
- Villisca Southwest Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 151 students
406 East Third Street
Villisca, IA 50864
(712)826-2552 13.0 6-8 151
- Villisca Sylvia Enarson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 147 students
219 Central Avenue
Villisca, IA 50864
(712)826-5982 13.2 PK-5 147
- Massena Cam Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 108 students
207 E. 6th Street
Massena, IA 50853
(712)779-2212 18.5 6-8 108
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.