Cowpens Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 416 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 32%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Cowpens Elementary School?
416 students attend Cowpens Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
68% of Cowpens Elementary School students are White, 14% of students are Hispanic, 12% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Cowpens Elementary School?
Cowpens Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Cowpens Elementary School offer ?
Cowpens Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Cowpens Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities