Culver City High School
Culver City High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Culver City High School's student population of 2,146 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 90 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,146 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Culver City High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2363 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Culver City Unified School District|
- Culver City High School is the main public high school of the Culver City Unified School District (CCUSD) in Culver City, California. The school colors are primarily silver and blue but also black and white, and the mascot is the centaur. Culver City High School is recognized as a California Distinguished School, earning the honor in 2005.
- Sony Studios, also situated in Culver City, has sponsored the high school and its active Academy of Visual and Performing Arts. Likewise, CCHS's facade and field have been filmed for television shows and movies. For example, The Wonder Years filmed the facades of CCHS and connected Culver City Middle School and Nickelodeon used CCHS's exterior for the school in its show The Journey of Allen Strange. In addition, the show Party of Five was filmed at CCHS as well as several music videos. Scenes from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial were also filmed at CCHS.
- Culver City High School has one of the best football teams in the Ocean League (one of three leagues of the South Bay Athletic Association: Bay, Ocean, Pioneer).
- The school's newspaper is The Centaurian, which is part of the High School National Ad Network.
- CCHS also hosts several events. For example, Rigoberta Menchú has spoken on peace. Since 2004, it has also held an annual peace concert called Peace of Music.
- Every year on July 4, CCHS hosts a fireworks show, sponsored by the Culver City Exchange Club.
- Notable Alumni: Big Boy (aka. Kurt Alexander); Carnell Lake; Derrick Deese; Darrin Jackson; Karl Paymah; Ryan Riddle; Leon Hadrow; Nicholas George; Kia Hale; Shani Remer.
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Culver City High School is Culver City Unified School District Iacademy (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culver City Culver City Unified School District Iacademy Grades: K-12 | 13 students
4601 Elenda St. Cp Annex
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 842-4200 0.0 K-12 13
- Culver City Farragut Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 564 students
10820 Farragut Dr.
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 842-4323 0.1 K-5 564
- Los Angeles Rise Kohyang High School Grades: 9-12 | 172 students
600 S. Lafayette Park Pl., Sec
Los Angeles, CA 90057
(323) 284-2553 0.4 9-12 172
- Culver City La Ballona Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 598 students
10915 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 842-4334 0.6 K-5 598
Horrible school that has incompetent administration and prides itself on diversity thinking that's all a good school needs. Suspended multiple students for defending themselves, and they barely even looked into the defensive side of the story. There are a few teachers here that are good but for the most part many of them show signs of extreme favoritism.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - J