Culver City Middle School
Culver City Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Culver City Middle School's student population of 1,677 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,677 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Culver City Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1980 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Culver City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Culver City Middle School is Culver City Unified School District Iacademy (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culver City Culver City Unified School District Iacademy Grades: K-12 | 13 students
4601 Elenda St. Cp Annex
Culver City, CA 90230
(310)842-4200 0.0 K-12 13
- Culver City Farragut Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 564 students
10820 Farragut Dr.
Culver City, CA 90230
(310)842-4323 0.1 K-5 564
- Los Angeles Rise Kohyang High School Grades: 9-12 | 172 students
600 S. Lafayette Park Pl., Sec
Los Angeles, CA 90057
(323)284-2553 0.5 9-12 172
- Culver City La Ballona Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 598 students
10915 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
(310)842-4334 0.6 K-5 598
I am a former student at Culver City middle school and I think it is an alright school. I went to CCMS last year (sixth grade) and I got passing grades. I think the school is too big and to densely populated. I, a very outgoing person, had a difficult time making friends and ended up being physically bullied nearing the end of the school year. I felt the teachers tryed their best to give each student attention but it was obvious teachers like other students more/less. I learned quite some and got a descent education but social wise, its an awful school. Being constantly blullied I found it harder to learn. For seventh grade I went to Magnolia Science Academy 6. It is a great charter school and is a someone small school. With merely 150 students it isn't easy to get lost. By the second day at MSA6 I knew everyone in the class (Instead of having different students for each class we have just one group) and they liked me. If you are a parent/student looking for a great middle school I would recommend checking out Magnolia schools. (They are like 5 minutes from CCMS.) Please take this into consideration. Thank you!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - drago
I have taught at CCMS for 18 years. There is a friendly, yet academically challenging educational environment here. From what I can tell, most of our teachers are extremely competent. We have problems, as all schools do. If my children were of middle school age, I would not hesitate to send them to Culver City Middle School.
- Posted by Teacher - coogo