Debakey H S For Health Prof
Debakey H S For Health Prof places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Debakey H S For Health Prof's student population of 890 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||890 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Debakey H S For Health Prof is ranked within the top 5% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#116 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Kipp Spirit College Prep Grades: 5-8 | 441 students
11000 Scott St
Houston, TX 77099
(832)230-0562 0.8 5-8 441
- Houston Thompson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 454 students
Houston, TX 77021
(713)746-8250 0.8 PK-5 454
- Houston Lockhart Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 665 students
3200 Rosedale St
Houston, TX 77004
(713)942-1950 1.0 PK-5 665
- Houston The Lawson Academy Grades: 6-8 | 233 students
5052 Scott St
Houston, TX 77004
(713)741-3600 1.3 6-8 233
The School is really Great. Great teachers. The Level of teaching instruction and direction should match the High School norms not to teach at college Level. Books are Heavy killing the kids every day is nasty. School should find a way to avoid the BIG JUNK on their back every day. If School Management try to take care of these things better for your school and sensitive kids.
- Posted by Parent - mvban
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.