Delaware Elementary School
Delaware Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Delaware Elementary School's student population of 467 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||467 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Delaware Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1426 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Evansville Joshua Academy Grades: K-6 | 187 students
1230 E Illinois St
Evansville, IN 47711
(812)401-6300 0.8 K-6 187
- Evansville Evans School Grades: PK-6 | 575 students
2727 N Evans Ave
Evansville, IN 47711
(812)435-8330 0.9 PK-6 575
- Evansville Lincoln School Grades: K-8 | 218 students
635 Lincoln Ave
Evansville, IN 47713
(812)435-8235 0.9 K-8 218
- Evansville Signature School Inc Grades: 9-12 | 366 students
610 Main St
Evansville, IN 47708
(812)421-1820 1.0 9-12 366
- Evansville North High School Grades: 9-12 | 1569 students
15331 Hwy 41 N
Evansville, IN 47725
(812)435-8283 1.1 9-12 1569
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.