Delta Center Elementary School
Delta Center Elementary School serves 646 students in grades 1-6.
Delta Center Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Michigan state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 34% (majority Black).
Delta Center Elementary School's student population of 646 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Delta Center Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Delta Center Elementary School is 0.47, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#695 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MI Dept. of Education
Review Delta Center Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.
More Schools Making Healthy Food Choices in the Upcoming School Year
The trend of healthier cafeterias continues to blossom, with more schools making over their lunches. Tune into some of the latest initiatives that have our children’s health at heart.