Willow Ridge Elementary School
Willow Ridge Elementary School serves 532 students in grades 1-6.
Willow Ridge Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 68% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Michigan state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 34% (majority Black).
Willow Ridge Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Willow Ridge Elementary School's student population of 532 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Willow Ridge Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Willow Ridge Elementary School is 0.45, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#304 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MI Dept. of Education
Review Willow Ridge Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.