Denton High School
Denton High School serves 7 students in grades 9-12.
Denton High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Montana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is ≥50% (which is higher than the Montana state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥50% (which is equal to the Montana state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is lower than the Montana state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Montana state average of 22% (majority American Indian and Hispanic).
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 7 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 2:1
- Minority Enrollment: 43%
- Graduation Rate: ≥50% (Top 1% in MT)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MT Dept. of Education
Denton High School's student population of 7 students has declined by 70% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Denton High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 715 schools in Montana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Denton High School is 0.58, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.38. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MT)
Overall Testing Rank
#157 out of 715 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MT Dept. of Education
Review Denton High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.