Desert Sands Charter
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 801 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 82%
- Graduation Rate: 10-14% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
- Grades 9-12
- Age 16-19
- Free Tutoring
- Flexible Weekly Appointments
- One-on-One Teacher Mentoring
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 40-44% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Desert Sands Charter?
The graduation rate of Desert Sands Charter is 10-14%, which is lower than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Desert Sands Charter?
801 students attend Desert Sands Charter.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
57% of Desert Sands Charter students are Hispanic, 18% of students are Black, 18% of students are White, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Desert Sands Charter?
Desert Sands Charter has a student ration of 21:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Desert Sands Charter offer ?
Desert Sands Charter offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Desert Sands Charter part of?
Desert Sands Charter is part of Desert Sands Charter School District.
Review Desert Sands Charter. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities