Dewitt Elementary School
Dewitt Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Dewitt Elementary School's student population of 200 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dewitt Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#963 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Knox County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flat Lick Flat Lick Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 232 students
110 Kentucky 3085
Flat Lick, KY 40935
(606)542-4712 4.1 PK-6 232
- Fourmile Lone Jack School Center Grades: PK-8 | 186 students
101 Creech Hollow Road
Fourmile, KY 40939
(606)337-9461 6.3 PK-8 186
- Barbourville Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 458 students
1000 Ky 3439
Barbourville, KY 40906
(606)546-3496 7.0 PK-6 458
- Barbourville Knox Appalachian School Grades: 5-12 | 47 students
1909 Ky Hwy 3439
Barbourville, KY 40906
(606)546-2568 7.0 5-12 47
- Pineville Cumberland Technical College
3300 Hwy 25e South
Pineville, KY 40977
(606)337-3106 8.2 n/a n/a
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.