Dexter High School
- Dexter High School's student population of 70 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dexter High School's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#989 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dexter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dexter Dexter Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 79 students
311 N. Main
Dexter, KS 67038
(620)876-5415 0.0 PK-5 79
- Burden Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 190 students
1045 N. Oak
Burden, KS 67019
(620)438-3195 9.8 PK-6 190
- Burden Central Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 145 students
Burden, KS 67019
(620)438-2215 9.8 7-12 145
- Winfield Country View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 127 students
16300 151st Road
Winfield, KS 67156
(620)221-5155 10.3 K-5 127
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.