Dexter Elementary School
- Dexter Elementary School's student population of 79 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dexter Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#568 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dexter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burden Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 190 students
1045 N. Oak
Burden, KS 67019
(620)438-3195 9.8 PK-6 190
- Burden Central Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 145 students
Burden, KS 67019
(620)438-2215 9.8 7-12 145
- Winfield Country View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 127 students
16300 151st Road
Winfield, KS 67156
(620)221-5155 10.3 K-5 127
- Cedar Vale Cedar Vale High School Grades: 6-12 | 96 students
Cedar Vale, KS 67024
(620)758-2791 12.9 6-12 96
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.