Diane Winborn Elementary School
- Diane Winborn Elementary School's student population of 699 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||699 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Diane Winborn Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3408 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Katy Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Katy Morton Ranch Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 950 students
2502 Mason Rd
Katy, TX 77449
(281)234-0300 1.0 PK-5 950
- Katy Morton Ranch J High School Grades: 6-8 | 1,215 student
2498 N Mason Rd
Katy, TX 77449
(281)237-7400 1.0 6-8 1,215
- Katy Morton Ranch High School Grades: 9-12 | 3,081 students
21000 Franz Rd
Katy, TX 77449
(281)237-7800 1.1 9-12 3,081
- Katy Robert King Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 981 students
1901 Charlton House Ln
Katy, TX 77493
(281)237-6850 1.3 PK-5 981
- Katy West Memorial Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 822 students
22605 Provincial Blvd
Katy, TX 77450
(281)237-6600 1.4 PK-5 822
I have been so pleased with Diane Winborn elementary. The teachers are amazing. Very strong teachers. A solid curriculum. The principals are visible and really know their teachers and students. This school is all about their children.
- Posted by Parent - maril
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.