Donna Wernecke Elementary School
- Donna Wernecke Elementary School's student population of 714 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||714 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Donna Wernecke Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#1439 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sharyland Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mcallen Garza Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 608 students
6300 N 29th St
Mcallen, TX 78504
(956)971-4554 0.5 PK-5 608
- Mcallen De Leon Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 685 students
4201 N 29th St
Mcallen, TX 78501
(956)632-8800 0.8 6-8 685
- Mission Sharyland North J High School Grades: 7-9 | 859 students
Mission, TX 78572
(956)686-1415 0.9 7-9 859
- Mcallen Castaneda Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 559 students
4100 N 34th
Mcallen, TX 78504
(956)623-8882 1.0 PK-5 559
- Donna Hidalgo Co J J A E P Grades: 10 | 1 students
3900 N 23rd
Donna, TX 78537
(956)688-6123 1.0 10 1
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.