Douglass Elementary School
Douglass Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Douglass Elementary School's student population of 391 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Douglass Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,879 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#5416 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||El Paso Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Paso Beall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 442 students
320 S Piedras St
El Paso, TX 79905
(915)496-8120 0.4 PK-5 442
- El Paso Bowie High School Grades: 9-12 | 1348 students
801 S San Marcial St
El Paso, TX 79905
(915)496-8200 0.5 9-12 1348
- El Paso Career & Technical Ed Center Grades: 9-12
1170 Walnut St
El Paso, TX 79930
(915)545-5900 1.1 9-12 n/a
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.