Dowell Elementary School
Dowell Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Dowell Elementary School's student population of 968 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||968 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dowell Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1050 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cobb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Cheatham Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1118 students
1350 John Ward Rd Sw
Marietta, GA 30064
(678)594-8034 1.6 PK-5 1118
- Marietta Hollydale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 646 students
2901 Bay Berry Dr Sw
Marietta, GA 30008
(678)594-8143 1.9 PK-5 646
- Powder Springs Lovinggood Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1415 students
3825 Luther Ward Rd
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(678)331-3015 2.3 6-8 1415
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.