Dr. Martin Luther King Charter School For Sci/tech
Dr. Martin Luther King Charter School For Sci/tech places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Dr. Martin Luther King Charter School For Sci/tech's student population of 826 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||826 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dr. Martin Luther King Charter School For Sci/tech is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dr. Martin Luther King Charter For Sci/tech School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Dr. Martin Luther King Charter School For Sci/tech is Lord Beaconsfield Landry-oliver Perry Walker High School (1.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Arise Academy (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Arabi Elementary School (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arabi Arabi Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 753 students
7200 Alexander Avenue
Arabi, LA 70032
(504)218-5058 1.0 PK-5 753
- New Orleans Arise Academy Grades: K-8 | 497 students
3819 St. Claude Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70117
(504)520-9245 1.4 K-8 497
- New Orleans Homer A. Plessy Community School Grades: PK-4 | 240 students
2021 Pauger Street
New Orleans, LA 70116
(504)421-5711 1.4 PK-4 240
- New Orleans Kipp New Orleans Leadership Academy Grades: K-8 | 876 students
2300 St. Claude Ave
New Orleans, LA 70117
(504)373-6256 1.4 K-8 876
- New Orleans Lord Beaconsfield Landry-oliver Perry Walker High School Grades: 9-12 | 1266 students
1200 L.b. Landry Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70114
(504)302-7170 1.8 9-12 1266
I went to King for only two years back in elementary school (my first year there was the first year they moved to the Lower Ninth). Given the student population and what they've done with it as well as the many amazing memories I have of my time there, I couldn't recommend it more to people in the area.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Henri
Nearby Homes for Sale
The results are in from Education Week’s annual public school rankings – and Maryland schools take the top spot for the fourth year in a row.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.