Durango Second Chance (Closed 2009)

Durango Second Chance served 88 students in grades 6-12.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 was lower than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment was 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which was lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades 6-12
Total Students
88 students
This chart display total students of Durango Second Chance by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Total Classroom Teachers
9 teachers
This chart display the total teachers of Durango Second Chance by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Durango Second Chance by grade.

School Rankings

Definition of Terms 2008-2009 School Year Data
This School
State Level (CO)
Student : Teacher Ratio
10:1
15:1
This chart display the student teacher ratio of Durango Second Chance and the public school average student teacher ratio of Colorado by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
American Indian
11%
1%
This chart display the percentage of American Indian students in Durango Second Chance and percentage of American Indian public school students in Colorado by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Asian
n/a
3%
This chart display the percentage of Asian students in Durango Second Chance and the percentage of Asian public school students in Colorado by year, with the latest 2006-07 school year data.
Hispanic
31%
35%
This chart display the percentage of Hispanic students in Durango Second Chance and the percentage of Hispanic public school students in Colorado by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Black
n/a
4%
This chart display the percentage of Black students in Durango Second Chance and the percentage of Black public school students in Colorado by year, with the latest 2001-02 school year data.
White
58%
52%
This chart display the percentage of White students in Durango Second Chance and the percentage of White public school students in Colorado by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
n/a
5%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Durango Second Chance.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in CO.
Diversity Score
0.56
This chart display the diversity score of Durango Second Chance and the public school average diversity score of Colorado by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Eligible for Free Lunch
9%
30%
This chart display the percentage of students who is eligible for free lunch in Durango Second Chance and the percentage of public school students who is eligible for free lunch in Colorado by year, with the latest 2007-08 school year data.
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (05-06)
1%
6%
This chart display the percentage of students who is eligible for reduced lunch in Durango Second Chance and the percentage of public school students who is eligible for reduced lunch in Colorado by year, with the latest 2005-06 school year data.
Source: 2008-2009 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education

Frequently Asked Questions

How many students attend Durango Second Chance?
88 students attend Durango Second Chance.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
58% of Durango Second Chance students are White, 31% of students are Hispanic, and 11% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Durango Second Chance?
Durango Second Chance has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Durango Second Chance offer ?
Durango Second Chance offers enrollment in grades 6-12
What school district is Durango Second Chance part of?
Durango Second Chance is part of Durango School District No. 9-R.

Recent Articles

Should My Child Enroll in Honors Or General Courses?
Should My Child Enroll in Honors Or General Courses?
Honors or general courses? Find out which type is best for your child's learning environment and GPA.
Education Investment Unveiled: Which State Leads the Nation in Public School Funding?
Education Investment Unveiled: Which State Leads the Nation in Public School Funding?
Discover which state allocates the highest funding per student in public schools. Dive into US Census Data to unveil the most financially supportive state and explore if increased spending translates to enhanced student learning outcomes.
Public Schools in a Minute
Public Schools in a Minute
Explore the diverse world of public schools in a minute! Our brief overview provides a snapshot of the educational landscape, school districts, curriculum, and more. Get a quick glance at the big picture of K-12 education.