Eastover-central Elementary School
Eastover-central Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Eastover-central Elementary School's student population of 423 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||423 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eastover-central Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cumberland County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fayetteville Armstrong Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 443 students
3395 Dunn Road
Fayetteville, NC 28312
(910)483-2425 2.7 PK-5 443
- Wade District No 7 Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 253 students
5721 Smithfield Road
Wade, NC 28395
(910)483-0001 3.7 PK-5 253
- Fayetteville Mac Williams Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1128 students
4644 Clinton Road
Fayetteville, NC 28312
(910)483-8222 6.0 6-8 1128
- Fayetteville Cape Fear High School Grades: 9-12 | 1546 students
4762 Clinton Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
(910)483-0191 6.1 9-12 1546
- Fayetteville Long Hill Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 458 students
6490 Ramsey Street
Fayetteville, NC 28311
(919)807-3300 6.5 2-5 458
I cannot talk enough about Eastover Central Elementary. We moved to the Eastover area because I had heard about a unique "School of the Arts." However, upon arriving here from Georgia, my son started first grade reading at a kindergarten level and not registering on the computerized assessment test. But, by the end of the year, my son tested out at a third-grade level and finished at 92% of all first grade students nationally. I attribute this to his teacher, Ms. Culbreth, and the various specialized programs taught to all students. And, when my son needed additional time and instruction, his teacher would take her own personal time and work with him on a one-on-one basis, keeping me updated with his progress. I was so amazed to find teachers that cared so much, and was further impressed to see young children receiving specialized instruction in Dance, Art, Music, Computer, and Strings. And, then to top it off, I watched my 7-year-old ADHD child actually playing the violin during a formal recital at the end of school year. As a mother and parent, it was a dream come true. Bottom line, this is the type of school that believes that all students should flourish. My son is living proof of that.
- Posted by Parent - susan
Nearby Homes for Sale
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.