Eek School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Eek School's student population of 127 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eek School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#407 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Kuskokwim School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Eek School is Kuinerrarmiut Elitnaurviat (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Quinhagak Kuinerrarmiut Elitnaurviat Grades: PK-12 | 227 students
117 Village Rd
Quinhagak, AK 99655
(907) 556-8628 0.0 PK-12 227
- Kongiganak Ayagina'ar Elitnaurvik Grades: PK-12 | 187 students
106 Village Rd
Kongiganak, AK 99545
(907) 557-5551 37.3 PK-12 187
- Kwigillingok Kwigillingok School Grades: PK-12 | 137 students
108 Village Rd
Kwigillingok, AK 99622
(907) 588-8629 44.8 PK-12 137
- Goodnews Bay Rocky Mountain School Grades: PK-12 | 61 students
121 Village Rd
Goodnews Bay, AK 99589
(907) 967-8213 44.8 PK-12 61
- Tuntutuliak Lewis Angapak Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 156 students
119 Village Rd
Tuntutuliak, AK 99680
(907) 256-2415 48.8 PK-12 156
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.