Ellenboro Elementary School
- Ellenboro Elementary School's student population of 106 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ellenboro Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ritchie County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellenboro Ritchie County High School Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
201 Ritchie Co School Rd Ste 2
Ellenboro, WV 26346
(304)869-3526 0.2 9-12 410
- Ellenboro Ritchie County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 347 students
201 Ritchie Co School Rd Ste 1
Ellenboro, WV 26346
(304)869-3512 0.2 6-8 347
- Harrisville Harrisville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 241 students
1201 E Main Street
Harrisville, WV 26362
(304)643-2220 3.9 PK-5 241
- Pennsboro Creed Collins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 215 students
512 Collins Avenue
Pennsboro, WV 26415
(304)659-2140 4.6 PK-5 215
- Saint Marys St. Marys Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 237 students
317 Washington Street
Saint Marys, WV 26170
(304)684-3510 11.5 PK-4 237
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.