Ellis Elementary School
- Ellis Elementary School's student population of 739 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||739 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ellis Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2992 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sunnyvale School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunnyvale Braly Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 414 students
675 Gail Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
(408) 423-1000 0.5 K-5 414
- Sunnyvale Ponderosa Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 642 students
804 Ponderosa Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
(408) 423-4000 0.9 K-5 642
- Sunnyvale Cumberland Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 768 students
824 Cumberland Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408) 522-8255 1.1 K-5 768
- Sunnyvale Bishop Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 490 students
450 N. Sunnyvale Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408) 522-8229 1.2 K-5 490
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.