Elsinore Elementary School serves 494 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Elsinore Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 92% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 494 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 92%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Elsinore Elementary School's student population of 494 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Elsinore Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Elsinore Elementary School is 0.27, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Elsinore Elementary School's ranking?
Elsinore Elementary School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Elsinore Elementary School?
494 students attend Elsinore Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
85% of Elsinore Elementary School students are Hispanic, 8% of students are White, 3% of students are Black, 2% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Elsinore Elementary School?
Elsinore Elementary School has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Elsinore Elementary School offer ?
Elsinore Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Elsinore Elementary School part of?
Elsinore Elementary School is part of Lake Elsinore Unified School District.
Review Elsinore Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
October 30, 2023Demystifying IEPs
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.