Ortega High School
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 336 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 79%
- Graduation Rate: 65-69% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 6-9% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Ortega High School?
The graduation rate of Ortega High School is 65-69%, which is lower than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Ortega High School?
336 students attend Ortega High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
69% of Ortega High School students are Hispanic, 21% of students are White, 4% of students are Black, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ortega High School?
Ortega High School has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Ortega High School offer ?
Ortega High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
Review Ortega High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities