Emil A. Cavallini Middle School
Emil A. Cavallini Middle School serves 432 students in grades 6-8.
Emil A. Cavallini Middle School placed in the top 5% of all schools in New Jersey for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 82% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 44%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 86% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 57%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the New Jersey state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the New Jersey state average of 56% (majority Hispanic).
Emil A. Cavallini Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Emil A. Cavallini Middle School's student population of 432 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Emil A. Cavallini Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,221 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Emil A. Cavallini Middle School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NJ)
Overall Testing Rank
#78 out of 2221 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch (93-94)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NJ Dept. of Education
Review Emil A. Cavallini Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.