Etna Union High School
Etna Union High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Etna Union High School's student population of 197 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Etna Union High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#322 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scott Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Etna Union High School is Scott Valley Community Day (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Etna Scott Valley Community Day Grades: 4-12 | 2 students
11033 Quartz Valley Rd.
Etna, CA 96027
(530)468-5565 0.0 4-12 2
- Etna Scott River High School Grades: 9-12 | 10 students
450 Campus Way
Etna, CA 96027
(530)467-5279 0.1 9-12 10
- Etna Etna Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 179 students
220 Collier Way
Etna, CA 96027
(530)467-3320 0.3 K-5 179
- Fort Jones Scott Valley Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 146 students
237 Butte St.
Fort Jones, CA 96032
(530)468-5565 10.7 6-8 146
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.