Evit - Chaparral High School

Rank
10/
10
Top 10%
Evit - Chaparral High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75-79% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 44%) for the 2017-18 school year.

Top Placements

Evit - Chaparral High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:

School Overview

School TypeVocational school
Grades OfferedGrades 9-12
Total Students (11-12)1 students
This chart display total students of Evit - Chaparral High School by year, with the latest 2011-12 school year data.
Total Classroom Teachersn/a

School Comparison

Evit - Chaparral High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Evit - Chaparral High School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#152 out of 2111 schools
(Top 10%)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
75-79%
45%
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
65-69%
44%
Student : Teacher Ration/a19:1
American Indian (11-12)
n/a
5%
Asian (11-12)
n/a
3%
Hispanic (11-12)
n/a
43%
Black (11-12)
n/a
5%
White (11-12)
100%
42%
This chart display the percentage of White students in Evit - Chaparral High School and the percentage of White public school students in Arizona by year, with the latest 2011-12 school year data.
Hawaiian (11-12)
n/a
n/a
Two or more races (11-12)
n/a
2%
Diversity Score
n/a0.65
School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
School District NameEast Valley Institute Of Technology School District
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education

Nearby Public Schools

The nearest high school to Evit - Chaparral High School is Evit - Apache Junction High School (0.0 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Evit - Brimhall Junior High School (0.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Webster Elementary School (0.4 miles away)
Show me:
  • School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
  • Apache Junction Evit - Apache Junction High School Vocational School
    Grades: 9-12
    0.0 miles
    2525 S. Ironwood Dr
    Apache Junction, AZ 85120
    (480) 461-4000
    0 9-12 n/a
  • Phoenix Evit - Arcadia High School Vocational School
    Math: 70-74% | Reading: 65-69%
    Rank
    10/
    10
    Top 10%
    Grades: 9-12
    0.0 miles
    4703 E. Indian School Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    (480) 461-4000
    0 9-12 n/a
  • Mesa Evit - Brimhall Junior High School Vocational School
    Grades: 7-9
    0.0 miles
    1601 W. Main Street
    Mesa, AZ 85201
    (480) 461-4000
    0 7-9 n/a
  • Mesa Evit - Carson Junior High School Vocational School
    Grades: 7-9
    0.0 miles
    1601 W. Main Street
    Mesa, AZ 85201
    (480) 461-4000
    0 7-9 n/a
  • Tempe Evit - Corona Del Sol High School Vocational School
    Math: 75-79% | Reading: 70-74%
    Rank
    10/
    10
    Top 10%
    Grades: 9-12
    0.0 miles
    1001 E Knox Rd
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    (480) 461-4000
    0 9-12 n/a

School Reviews

Review Evit - Chaparral High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

I am a:

Name or Alias:

Your review:

Rate this school:
Recent Articles
While reading, writing, and arithmetic are the foundation of a child's education, financial literacy is growing in importance as well. Learn about public schools that are teaching financial literacy to their students.
Learn about how public schools are implementing new forms of physical education instruction, which range from yoga classes to even online gym courses.
Beyond tests and homework, some public school students face greater challenges, including the uncertainty of where they will sleep each night. Learn about the increase in homeless students and what public schools are doing to meet the challenge.