Fairmeadows Elementary School
Fairmeadows Elementary School serves 565 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Fairmeadows Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Iowa for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 85% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 69%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 68%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Iowa state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is higher than the Iowa state average of 26% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 565 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 85% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 75% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Fairmeadows Elementary School's student population of 565 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Fairmeadows Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,227 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Fairmeadows Elementary School is 0.45, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.44. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IA)
Overall Testing Rank
#254 out of 1227 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
View the Fairmeadows Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
First Day of Second Semester -- No School
January 17, 2023 (Tuesday)
March 13, 2023 (Monday)
Last Day for Valley High School and Walnut Creek Campus Seniors
May 25, 2023 (Thursday)
Last Day for Tiger Cubs Preschool
May 26, 2023 (Friday)
Last Day for Students
June 01, 2023 (Thursday)
Review Fairmeadows Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.