- Fairmont School's student population of 265 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fairmont School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2983 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairmont 89 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lockport Taft Grade School Grades: PK-8 | 313 students
1605 S Washington St
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 838-0408 1.2 PK-8 313
- Joliet Sator Sanchez Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 784 students
1101 Harrison Ave
Joliet, IL 60432
(815) 740-2810 1.4 K-5 784
- Crest Hill Chaney-monge School Grades: K-8 | 437 students
400 Elsie Ave
Crest Hill, IL 60403
(815) 722-6673 1.6 K-8 437
- Joliet Lincoln School Alop Grades: 11-12 | 10 students
960 Royce Ave
Joliet, IL 60432
(815) 774-8900 1.6 11-12 10
Too bad I couldn't give no stars! Fairmont has to be the worst school I have ever dealt with. Fairmont has limited extracurricular activities and programs. The students that perform in the talent show each year, do it without a stage to perform on. The communication between the school and the parents is horrible. I will say that a lot of the teachers are great and do the best they can with the school curriculum. On the other hand, there is also a few not-so-great teachers/staff. I had an experience where one of them was bulling my 4th grader and don't even get me started on the secretary! Fairmont is supposed to be a magnet school, but it seems they have just adopted this title because Fairmont is located in an unincorporated area. My recommendation is, If you can avoid having your child attend this school, do it! It will be one of the best decision you ever made.
- Posted by Parent - Pjkitty12189
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.