Farmland Elementary School
Farmland Elementary School serves 797 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Farmland Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 71% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Maryland state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Maryland state average of 63% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Farmland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Farmland Elementary School's student population of 797 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 46 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Farmland Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,354 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Farmland Elementary School is 0.66, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MD)
Overall Testing Rank
#125 out of 1354 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MD Dept. of Education
Some of the best memories of my life is kept in this school.
Best school ever
My child loved the teachers and loved the kids they were so welcoming and just amazing and then a month later it won National Blue Ribbon award and then only 420 schools get the award out of all the schools in the US including the private amazing BEST school ever
They placed my child on the wrong bus. This isn't the first time. Its been happening very often with Farmland Elementary school.
Review Farmland Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.