Earle B. Wood Middle School
- Earle B. Wood Middle School's student population of 1,026 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,026 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Earle B. Wood Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#635 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockville Lucy V. Barnsley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 725 students
15101 Bauer Dr
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 460-2121 0.3 PK-5 725
- Rockville Alternative Programs Grades: 7-12 | 115 students
14501 Avery Road
Rockville, MD 20853
(301) 279-4920 0.8 7-12 115
- Silver Spring Mcps Transitions School Grades: 12 | 56 students
11721 Kemp Mill Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20902
(301) 649-8008 0.8 12 56
- Rockville Meadow Hall Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 423 students
951 Twinbrook Pkwy
Rockville, MD 20851
(301) 279-4988 0.8 K-5 423
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.